Troop 10 Electronic Device Policy for Scouts
One of the goals of scout trips and meetings is to encourage scouts to interact with each other, and to take a break from their normal day-to-day routine. To encourage this, it’s really important that use of electronic devices is limited during these events. To make sure everyone is clear about this, we’ve decided to write down the troop’s policy on the use of devices.
- Use of electronic devices is not allowed at meetings, unless they are being used for business related to the meeting. If you do need to use a device for scout business during the meeting, you need to get the permission of the PL, SPL or an ASPL first. If you need to make a personal phone call during the meeting, you can do so, but you need to step outside.
- On trips, scouts can use devices in the car on the way up and the way back. No devices should be used other than during the drive.
- You can always use a device as a camera or GPS, or in case of emergency.
Troop Communications: Email Lists
- Troop 10 maintains two mailing lists, one for scouts in the troop and one for adults.
- Be aware that emails to both of these lists also go to the leaders of the other scout troops in town. Please don't send anything to these lists that is not public information.
- For people outside of Troop 10, if you would like to send an email to either of these mailing lists, please ask permission from the Scoutmaster or Committee Chair before doing so.
- To respect the privacy of members of the troop, when posting information to this web site, please use the just the first name and last initial of scouts.
- When sending email to the troop mailing lists, it is Ok to use the full names of scouts and adults.